Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Carving



Joel and Jamie invited us over their house to carve pumpkins and eat pizza. They got tons of stencils for the kids to choose from. Only they weren't very kid friendly. The kids scraped out their pumpkins and that was pretty much it. I traced the stencils on and Matt and I both carved them.




The kids played with Joel and Jamie's dogs and watched t.v. Then they took pictures with the final product so it looks like they did all the work. Madison chose a bat, Andrew chose a flaming face and Isabelle chose a monster. By the time Matt and I were done with the kids pumpkins our fingers were cramping.



Then Matt had to do his own pumpkin. He put the stencil on and traced it. I helped him by cutting out the face. He chose a pumpkin throwing up so we put some guts in a bag to bring home. Boy did that thing attract flies!

No comments: