
At 4pm we went to my parents house. Around 5pm my mom drove us all to the Ontario airport to catch our 11pm flight. First we had to check Dakota in at the cargo facility. Yes I cried. We went to the airport and checked our bags. Then headed to the security check point. Once there we had to say our goodbyes because they wouldn't allow my mom to go through security without a ticket. I held it together until I heard my mom tell Matt that he better take care of me.
The kids played video games, watched planes out the window and did crossword puzzles while we waited for our plane to board. I called my mom a couple of times to make sure she didn't get lost and to let her know when we finally boarded. Izzy got to sit by the window on the first plane. Maddie only got nervous when the plane took off and landed.

Once we got into Atlanta we ate breakfast before boarding the next plane to Indianapolis. This plane was a little smaller and Maddie and Andrew both got to have window seats. There was some turbulence but thankfully all the kids were asleep by then. After landing the pilot let Andrew sit in the cockpit.

After picking up all our luggage and the rental car we had to pick up Dakota at the cargo facility. She did so good until she noticed me. Then she started barking and whining like crazy. Matt and I had to rearrange all of the bags to get her crate inside the Yukon we rented. By the way I hated that SUV and would never buy one. It took us three hours to arrive in Evansville and find our house.

Kitty our realtor met us there and we did the walk thru. Then we had to go to Wal-Mart and buy an air mattress for all of us to sleep on because our stuff wouldn't arrive for a week. The kids thought is was great that we were camping indoors.

No comments:
Post a Comment