Thursday, July 15, 2010

Our New House







Here are some photos of our house. As you can tell I'm not finished unpacking everything. In the Mid-West they call our house either a split level or Bi-Level. It has a living room, kitchen, dining room, 2 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms upstairs.





Downstairs is the master, another bathroom, the utility/laundry room and family room for the poker table and wii. We're going to use the family room as a game room We're at the end of the cul-de-sac and there are only five houses on our street.



Everything is green and there are tons of huge trees everywhere. We have five on our property. All of our neighbors have been very welcoming. We usually go out every night and sit in the Doan's driveway and talk about our days. Tim Doan even helped us to get Matt's new Honda CRV.



The kids love being able to play outside whenever they want. I feel comfortable letting them even if I'm doing something in the house. Dakota can roam around too without getting into too much trouble.



So far we've had a couple of thunderstorms but they haven't been too bad. Dakota goes crazy because she thinks someone is knocking at the door. Independence Day was interesting because every firework known to man is legal here. The weather hasn't been too bad. It's been in the high 80's but it gets humid. So far the worst part has been the mosquitoes. They seem to love me.

2 comments:

Moe said...

Your house is cute...I can't believe how much unpacking you've already done! It looks really great and I love the super green back yard (looks like a lot to mow though)!

Leah Friesen said...

Our neighbor Mary came over on her riding mower and mowed it for me the other day! I'm NOT looking forward to doing it myself.