Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Leah Gets Grant Approval

Matt and I have talked about me going to college once Isabelle starts school. I figured why wait another year. I could take online classes, Saturday classes or night classes now. At least this way I can get all of my general education classes out of the way.

Last week I applied online for the Pell Grant. The Pell Grant is a government low income grant. With all of the issues the state of California is having I wasn't holding my breath. I knew I would qualify for a low interest loan or maybe a scholarship.



I received an email stating that I had been awarded the grant. Since then I have applied at Bakersfield College and Cal State Bakersfield. B.C. accepted my application and all I have to do it take a placement test. I'm waiting to hear back from C.S.U.B. Then I'll decide which school I'm going to attend.

No comments: