
Matt and I took the kids to the coast last week. We used many excuses visiting family, spring break but really we wanted the clam chowder at Splash. We arrived at Pismo Beach around 10:30am. The kids wanted to go to the pier first. Walking the pier always makes me nauseous because I look down when I walk. The thing is so old and rickety plus I worry I'm going to trip.After that we walked to Splash to get lunch. The line was barely out the door so we arrived just in time. We even managed to get a table.

After lunch we drove to Avila Beach so the kids could play on the beach. Madison and Isabelle went digging for shells. Andrew played in the water. It was a nice sunny day but not warm enough for a normal person to get in the water. The waves were really high that day and were coming up through the planks in the pier and getting people wet. One wave even knocked Isabelle off of her feet.

Later we drove to Morro Bay to visit my sister Deanna and her family. The kids played basketball for awhile. Then we walked to the beach. Andrew and Zack played football. Then we had a rock throwing contest. Zoey had a ear infection and it was really windy so we didn't stay long. When we got back to the house Matt set up Zack's X-Box live and we hit the road.

No comments:
Post a Comment