Monday, February 23, 2009

Isabelle Get's Her Ears Pierced


Once Madison got her ears pierced Isabelle would constantly ask to get hers done too. Matt and I kept telling her she had to wait until she was 5 years old. We figured by then she would be able to take care of them better. My mom and I took Madison and Andrew to Build A Bear for their birthday and Isabelle asked again. My mom just looked at me and waited for the answer. I of course folded like a taco.



Isabelle sat in my mom's lap and picked out earrings. She got the same hearts as Madison except they are gold instead of silver. She never made a peep when the "gun" went off. I'd love to say it was all uneventful but I would be lying.



Our first mishap was at the dog park that weekend. Melissa and I were talking and Isabelle walked over and handed me an earring, "It just fell out mom." Melissa and I got on our hands and knees trying to find the back of the earring. Don't even ask about the looks we got from people driving by. After at least 30 minutes we gave up. Melissa had an eraser in her car so we used that as a back until we got home.

The second mishap was more my fault. Isabelle had fallen asleep in the car and I was carrying her to the house. My purse slipped off my shoulder and ripped out her earring. After searching the drive way and coming up empty I remembered that I had kept Madison's heart earrings. Isabelle now has one silver heart earring and one gold heart earring. I'll think twice the next time I want to fold like a taco.

No comments: