

The first time Dakota went swimming at my parent's house she fell in the deep end of the pool. Right away we taught her where the steps were so she would know how to get out. Dakota is now a pro in the water. She doesn't just jump in, she launches herself off the side of the pool. When you throw in a toy for her to retrieve no matter where she's at she instantly jumps in.
Melissa and I get together almost daily for Dakota to play with her dogs Baylie and Ginger. We went swimming at Melissa's mom Carol's house. Ginger would wait on the steps for Dakota to bring in the toy and then steal it right out of her mouth or jump right on top of her to get it! The first time this happened I jumped in thinking I was rescuing the puppies from drowning each other. In my haste I forgot my cell phone was in my pocket. After removing the battery and letting it dry out, thankfully it still works.

No comments:
Post a Comment