Tuesday, August 26, 2008

No Puppies For Us

Dakota went to the vet yesterday to get spayed. This was not as easy or stress free as I thought it would be. I dropped her off at 8am and was told to call at 2pm to check on her. So Isabelle and I headed to the gym. Half way thru my workout I remembered my friend Melissa had said her dog Bailey had gotten a blood test to make sure she would be ok under anesthesia. I called the vet's office but she was already on the table. They assured me Dakota would be fine and the blood test was just a precaution.






At 2pm I called and was told she was resting in her crate and could pick her up tomorrow after 9am. I didn't want to pick her up tomorrow I wanted to bring her home today! They have a policy that female dogs have to stay overnight after being spayed for observation and can't be picked up until after 9am. The real kicker is that after 7pm there is no one there to observe her until 6:30am the following morning. Plus they don't feed her until morning and it's not the same brand of food I feed her at home.





Needless to say I had a mild "Leah" episode. I informed the lady I would be there 1st thing in the morning to pick up Dakota and that I would be dropping off her food. I also recommended that they should tell people their policy prior to dropping off their animals. If I had known before hand I would have taken Dakota somewhere else. And that at anytime during the night if something where to happen to my "dog", I would not be so nice. Dakota is now resting peacefully at home.

No comments: